Stadio Olimpico barriers to be removed ‘within reasonable amount of time’

Interno.gov.it – A meeting was held at the Viminale this morning, as requested by the Minister of Sport, Luca Lotti, which was also attended by the Minister of the Interior, Marco Minniti, Lazio president Claudio Lotito, Roma’s CEO Umberto Gandini and their general director Mauro Baldissoni. The subject of the meeting was the barriers in the Stadio Olimpico, which were put up in June 2015 as safety measures and which have so far produced positive results. Given these positive results, the Minister of the Interior, Marco Minniti, has ordered the Chief of Police and general director of public security, Franco Gabrielli, to proceed with a course of action – within a reasonable amount of time – that enables the removal of these dividing barriers while maintaining safety and security standards in order to encourage more people to attend in a calm and relaxed manner.

Advertisements

Stadio Olimpico barriers to be removed?

Corriere dello Sport (Guido D’Ubaldo) After nearly 2 years of debates, appeals and political wrangling, a solution finally seems to have presented itself. Roma and Lazio’s senior management have been invited to go to the Viminale next Tuesday to resolve the issue of the barriers in the curve, which were imposed by the then Prefect Gabrielli and which have remained in the most popular areas of the stadium ever since. The Roman clubs’ representatives (Baldissoni for Roma, Lotito for Lazio) will be received by Minister of the Interior Marco Minniti and the Minister for Sport Luca Lotti, the person really behind the invitation, to find a solution that would come into effect before the end of the season.

Continue reading

Authorities Must Stop Spreading Lies About Roma Fans And Take Down Stadio Olimpico Barriers

Il Fatto Quotidiano (Simone Meloni) You don’t know whether to laugh or cry. In a few words, that sums up the massive, and at times tragicomic, situation that has surrounded the implementation and maintenance of the safety measures put in at Rome’s Stadio Olimpico.  In the last few weeks, things did seem to be moving forward; after former and current Giallorossi players said that they hoped to see the Olimpico return to normal, on Wednesday Giovanni Malago, the president of CONI and therefore the man ultimately in charge of the Olimpico, made his thoughts on the situation very clear: “Forget about the fact that there haven’t been many fans at the Stadio Olimpico, it’s also a fact that there has neither been an incident nor even any sign of trouble either inside or outside the ground. In life, when you show yourself to be serious, competent and well-meaning, you deserve to have faith put in you,” he said, before adding that the issue “is currently being resolved.”

Continue reading